The Look Orthodontic Smile in Need Program – Full Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter, and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility to enter
- The Promoter is The Look Orthodontics, 665 Mount Alexander Road Moonee Ponds 3039, Victoria. The Promoter is part of Dental Corporation Pty Ltd ABN 92 124 730 874 (Dental Corporation).
- Entry is only open to Victorian residents who are over the age of 18, or in the case of those who are aged under 18 years, have a parent’s or legal guardian’s written permission to enter (Entrant).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. ‘Immediate family’ means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Promotion details and entry requirements
- Promotion commences on 1 October 2016 at 12:01am (AEST) and ends on 31 January 2017 at 11:59pm (AEST) (Promotional Period). There will be 2 winners for the Promotional Period.
- To enter, during the Promotional Period Entrants must:
- Complete the Application Form (found at thelookortho.com.au/smile-in-need-program) and submit this to the Promoter with supporting documentation, including a photograph;
- In 100 words or less answer the question, ‘Tell us your story and how being a part of our Smile In Need program would have an impact on your life’; and
- ‘Like’ or ‘Follow’ at least 1 (one) of the Promoter’s social media accounts;
- Agree to the terms and conditions outlined.
- Any cost associated with accessing the online Application Form or fulfilling the entry requirements is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database.
- Only one entry is permitted per Entrant during the Promotional Period.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Each entry will be individually judged by a judging panel based on merit, clinical need and appropriateness, as being the most deserving entry. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging will take place at The Look Orthodontics: 665 Mount Alexander Road Moonee Ponds 3039 at 8.00am (AEST) on 28 February 2017.
- All prize winners for the Promotional Period will be notified by phone, letter or email and will subsequently be announced on the Promoter’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thelookortho/.
- Any prizes that have not been claimed by the winner by 31 March 2017 will be reallocated to the next best eligible entry as determined by the judges (Alternative Winner). An Alternative Winner has two weeks from the day of notification in which to claim their prize or another Alternative Winner will be selected.
Prize details and information about orthodontic treatment
- The best valid entry during the Promotional Period, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, will win a course of orthodontic treatment with a specialist orthodontist at an associated orthodontic centre of the Promoter, located at Moonee Ponds, Epping or Sunbury. The total prize value is a course of orthodontic treatment (dental item 881) valued at up to $6,900.
- All prizes, including any portion, are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Orthodontic treatment will only be performed on the winning Entrant if it is deemed by the orthodontist at the consultation visit that such treatment is clinically required and appropriate for and of benefit to the patient. The Promoter’s orthodontists will determine which course of treatment is most suitable, based on the patient’s previous orthodontic history, presenting dental condition, and outcome expectations.
- If the successful Entrant is deemed unsuitable for orthodontic treatment, no treatment will be offered and the prize is forfeited.
- The prize may only be redeemed on dental item 881, a course orthodontic treatment. If the Entrant deemed to be the winner requires treatment in addition to orthodontic treatment (for example, routine dental care, dental extractions or surgical procedures such as canine uncovering etc) then the patient or family will be responsible for meeting the cost of this additional treatment. If the patient holds a Health Care Card or Pension Card these procedures may be covered in the public system.
- The winning Entrant agrees to fulfil the appointment scheduling and orthodontic treatment as agreed with the orthodontist and the practice staff, and in the event that they do not comply with these arrangements, the Promoter or associated practice may charge a fee or terminate the treatment. Similarly, fees may apply for the replacement of lost or broken retainers.
- The winning Entrant will be asked to attend to their general dental condition prior to commencement of orthodontic treatment. It remains the sole responsibility of the patient to maintain their general dental condition throughout the course of treatment (including dental, gums and overall oral health).
- The winning Entrant will be asked to provide informed consent prior to the commencement of any treatment and the treating orthodontist will discuss the outcome expectations of the patient prior to commencing treatment.
Privacy and use of information
- As a condition of entry, Entrants must provide personal information, including a current photograph of themselves. This information will be used to assess entries and select the winner.
- Entrants agree that by entering, they consent to receiving further communications from the Promoter about products, services and programs by email or post.
- The winning Entrant consents to the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right, subject to any written direction given by a relevant regulatory authority, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this program, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this program. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of applications.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant or prize taker; or (f) use of the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize, that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and prize suppliers. If we send your information outside of Australia, we will require that the recipient of the information complies with privacy laws and contractual obligations to maintain the security of the data. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
- All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter.